Wednesday, May 2, 2007

thousands riot as mike chooses chicken over paella

Happy MikeFEST 2007 everybody! Sorry it's taken me so long to publish the schedule, but planning a 12-day festival keeps one busy.

This is my first Prague MikeFEST kick-off ever as I break with an 18-year tradition of going to Madrid to officially launch every MikeFEST. Unfortunately, many in Spain have responded to my absence by rioting:

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espana/Malasana/barrio/sitiado/elpepuesp/20070502elpepunac_2/Tes

I'll post a translation when I have time, but the video gives a good indication of what can happen when 'the man' tries to mess with MikeFEST in Madrid!

So instead of having to take a rubber bullet in the head this year, I got to go to Chicken Day for the first time in its 10-year history. Great times and really great chicken were had by all. Thanks again to Todd for having carried the torch all these years and keeping Prague safe from activist police forces.

Witch burning outside of Beroun on MikeFEST Eve was spectacular and a great kick-off to the season. Although I spent several hours on public transportation alone or with the homeless trying to get home, it was well worth it.

I hope to see you all today at O2 - the former public toilets on Karlovo Náměstí - from 6PM for drinks, djs and maybe a pizza.

Keep an eye on the blog as changes to the schedule will most likely be announced here. For example:

To: mike@xeno.cz
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 4:30 PM
Subject: change of DJs for Friday
Hi Mike, There is a change in DJs for the Friday event. Vectif won't be playing. Instead it will be: Martin Frank, Wega & Kim Pixa aka WeKi + guests. Amanda _________________________________________________________________The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Happy MikeFEST!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike,

Happy MikeFEST! As a dog, I am extremely happy that MikeFEST has a variey of dog-friendly events and locations. However, my enthusiasm is somewhat tempered by the lack of other MikeFEST dog particpants. Please consider renting some dogs for next year - Boxer bitches and fat girls preferred.
Casey the dog

Anonymous said...

Happy MikeFEST again! I was disappointed to find that I was not included on the MikeFEST poster having been a faithful MikeFEST attendee for the last 5 years - not even my tail or my sweet furry little ears. I would be happy to pose for the MikeFEST poster for MikeFEST next year. And one other thing I am not fat it is just the fur-effect which is more than I can say for Jimmy.
Casey the dog