Sunday, May 6, 2007

the sixth of mike

Buz was a blast last night! In addition to the usual Latin American dignitaries, it looked like a star wars bar-style celebration of diversity at what had promised to be a rather homogeneous event. Renown and prolific novelist and art critic, Travis Jeppesen, in town from Berlin, made an appearance after wrapping up yet another great BLATTFEST at the Blind Eye. He caught up with me at MikeFEST and had this to say:

mg: Where's Little Pavel?
tj: I dunno.
mg: It's just not a MikeFEST without Little Pavel.
tj: Nope.

Little Pavel did, in fact, arrive shortly after to match wits and trade bits with Jiffy in what's become their well-known shtick:

lp: Jiffy. Ha. Jiffy. Ha Ha. Jiffy. Ha Ha Ha.
jl: You know what Little Pavel?
lp: What? Jiffy. Ha Ha Ha. Jiffy. Ha.

Happy birthday again to that guy whose name was something like that Pynchon novel or that Exxon oil tanker with the drunk captain that crashed in Alaska or a combination of the two or something.

Today: Bowling at Equinoxe in the Nový Smichov penthouse at 19h.

Today's super top secret VIP-only free entry MikeFEST password is:
je tady ten bowling?

See you at MikeFEST!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy MikeFest! I am so excited I can barely contain myself, much less work. Can the password for my day be Cupcake? I am just loving that word lately. I have a super secret special surprise for all MikeFesters, it will be revealed the the tenth at midnight. Ann