Monday, May 4, 2009

sunday madness

Poker in the Park was a huge success (I won ten bucks), despite the fact that I didn’t specify which park the poker was in and the google map showed it somewhere in Ireland, of all places. Texas Chris was on a winning streak: chicken day, primogeniture, and CZK 1000 at the poker. Damien came in second with a fair chunk of change followed by me in third, getting away with a symbolic pittance.

Thanks to Chris for organizing, Johnny, Greg, Jason and Bad Jeff for losing, Curtis for dealing and Scott for bringing the chips (and losing).

The Georgian Roast featured performances from both Rodney Dangerfield and Don Rickles, a PowerPoint presentation, some pretty funny speeches, a telegram from Denver, embarrassing baby pictures and a cutout cake (one of many) from my childhood:

Thanks to my mother, Mary and Martha for putting it all together and to Steve Sachoff for telling those people to shut the hell up.

2 comments:

Mary said...

The cake was just perfect - an exact replica! A big thanks to Mary and Martha for all their hard work and a special thanks to all the presenters. I heard that the material was very well done and VERY funny. And... a VERY happy fortieth birthday to a very special per(son). See you soon. Love - Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the Snoopy cake. I will have to hear more about the roasts. Nice picts. chicken day looked like a feast. Ann